The Vitamin D3 Revolution
Vitamin D's influence on key biological functions vital to
one's health and well-being mandates that Vitamin D3 supplementation can no
longer be ignored by individuals striving to achieve and maintain a greater
state of health. The research on this vitamin keeps coming: cardiovascular
health, immune support, bone and joint health, and much more.* This advancement
in scientific knowledge about D3 is especially notable when we consider that we
are living in a time of widespread Vitamin D insufficiency.1
Formulated by John Cannell, MD, Purity’s Vitamin D with Calcium & Magnesium is a
synergistic blend of targeted nutrients to complement many of Vitamin D3’s
Why Dr Cannell’s Advanced D™ with Calcium is Best in Class
Dr Cannell’s Advanced D™ with Calcium provides a powerful dose of
cholecalciferol (Vitamin D3) backed by nutrients that work in tandem with this
crucial vitamin to support the health of numerous systems within the body.* At
the foundation of its design, as an answer to widespread Vitamin D deficiency,
are found a set of other nutrients - key cofactors - added to compliment the
physiological actions of D3. Dr Cannell’s Advanced D™ with Calcium orchestrates combined
actions to make sure that optimal influence is present towards bone, muscle, and
Dr Cannell’s Advanced D™ with Calcium features
5,000 IUs of Vitamin D3 plus a modest dose of well absorbed Calcium (citrate)
balanced with key co-factors Magnesium Citrate, Biotin, Boron and an added
provision of Vitamin K2 to fortify and support your bones and joints.*
Vitamin D is a team player inside the human body, relying on proper levels of
other nutrients - key cofactors - to fulfill its potential in supporting several
areas of health. Calcium is the cornerstone to strong bones and muscles.
Magnesium is needed by enzymes that metabolize Vitamin D.* Magnesium is another
nutrient that may run low in the diet. Low dietary Magnesium can contribute to
lower levels of circulating Vitamin D.
Dr Cannell’s Advanced D™ with Calcium presents a highly bioavailable form
of the mineral magnesium as Magnesium Citrate. Zinc plays a role in the Vitamin
D receptor, and Boron supports Vitamin D metabolism.* Remarkably, research in
humans has found synergistic action between Vitamins D and K2, showing a
combined effort to enhance bone health and promote cardiovascular wellness.
Working with Vitamin D, Vitamin K2 helps Calcium find its proper place in the
Going Beyond D3
Taurine is an important amino acid found in many organs, being
most concentrated in the heart and the retina of the eye. Taurine is active in
muscle function, as well as in maintaining optimal function of nerve tissue,
lending itself to neurotransmitter balance. Extensive experimental information
has been gathered (from both animal and human studies) in examining the
positive, beneficial relationship between taurine supplementation and
Don't Forget Boron
A British scientist in the late 20th century looked at data
from several countries and realized that joint and bone health are adversely
affected by modern agricultural and food processing practices. Specifically, he
was concerned about lower amounts of the element Boron in our food
supply.3, 4 Dr Cannell’s Advanced D™ with Calcium includes FruiteX-B®, a
patented boron/calcium complex that has been shown to support normal Vitamin D
metabolism, maintain joint comfort and flexibility and promote healthy bones.*
Pilot clinical studies described improvement in Vitamin D status and more
freedom of movement—an expression of joint function—in subjects consuming
Support for Your Bones and Muscles
Without adequate Vitamin D intake, the body cannot properly
metabolize Calcium. Vitamin D strengthens bones and also may enhance muscle
strength because of its direct effect on calcium transport in muscles. Because
of its unique interplay with Calcium, Vitamin D can support the health of both
of these important structures. Other ingredients in Dr Cannell’s Advanced D™ with Calcium further support the skeletal and muscular systems.*
Powerful Immune Support
Vitamin D also has an interesting role as a regulator of the immune system.6
D3 has unique immune-modulating properties that can support long-term health and
wellness by supporting innate immunity. For additional support, Dr Cannell’s Advanced D™ with Calcium contains Zinc, another immune-supporting nutrient. The poor
performance of immune cells seen in zinc deficiency emphasizes the importance of
this mineral for good health.7*
Heart and Cardiovascular Support
Recent research is increasingly pointing towards the importance of Vitamin D
in maintaining healthy heart function, as individuals having a better Vitamin D
status tend to have more healthy function of the cardiovascular system.8 This
D3 premise of Dr. Cannell’s formulation is complimented by the Zinc, Quercetin
and FruiteX-B® functioning as antioxidants, doing their parts in enhancing the
stability of cell membranes throughout the cardiovascular system.9*
Higher Doses of Vitamin D = Greater Wellbeing Responses
Researchers in Canada observed the effects of Vitamin D3 supplementation in
older adults by comparing a dose of 4000 IU per day to that of only 600 IU
daily. Energy level and mood were measured with wellbeing scores, and the
results were clear — subjects taking the higher doses of D3 had the higher
- Humans make thousands of units of vitamin D within minutes of whole body exposure to sunlight. From what we
know of nature, it is unlikely such a system evolved by chance.
- Whoever wishes to investigate medicine properly should proceed thus: in the first place to consider the seasons
of the year.
- Hippocrates, the father of medicine (circa 400 B.C.).
- Goldstein, D., The epidemic of Vitamin D deficiency. J Pediatr Nurs, 2009. 24(4): p. 345-6.
- Xu, Y.J., et al., The potential health benefits of taurine in cardiovascular disease. Exp Clin Cardiol, 2008. 13(2): p. 57-65.
- Newnham, R.E., Agricultural practices affect arthritis. Nutr Health, 1991. 7(2): p. 89-100.
- Newnham, R.E., Essentiality of boron for healthy bones and joints. Environ Health Perspect, 1994. 102 Suppl 7: p. 83-5.
- FruiteX-B. Scientific investigation of FruiteX-B (Calcium fructoborate). 2009 March 4, 2010];
- Cantorna, M.T., et al., Vitamin D status, 1,25-dihydroxyVitamin D3, and the immune system. Am J Clin Nutr, 2004. 80(6 Suppl): p. 1717S-20S.
- Prasad, A.S., Zinc: role in immunity, oxidative stress and chronic inflammation. Curr Opin Clin Nutr Metab Care, 2009.
- Judd, S.E. and V. Tangpricha, Vitamin D deficiency and risk for cardiovascular disease. Am J Med Sci, 2009. 338(1): p. 40-4.
- Scorei, R., et al., In vitro effects of calcium fructoborate on fMLP-stimulated human neutrophil granulocytes. Biol Trace Elem Res, 2007. 118(1): p. 27-37.
- Vieth, R., et al., Randomized comparison of the effects of the Vitamin D3 adequate intake versus 100 mcg (4000 IU) per day on biochemical responses and the wellbeing of patients. Nutr J, 2004. 3: p. 8.