Purity Products Quality Assurance -
From the Desk of Richard Conant, VP of Quality Assurance
Greetings! As Purity’s VP of Quality Assurance, I would like to tell you about our approach and commitment to product quality, which is my mission at Purity Products. The Purity Products Quality Assurance Team is dedicated full time to helping every Purity Products customer realize better health through supplement products of exceptional quality. But “quality” is not just a word. Quality is an objective that can only be met by a focused, multi-faceted quality assurance program that defines, measures and achieves strict standards and specifications. Everything from the selection of raw materials from approved suppliers--to processing, testing and handling of finished products--must be conducted under the proper controls, according to written Standard Operating Procedures.
The following is a brief overview of The Purity Products Quality Assurance Program:
The work of producing a top-quality dietary supplement begins at the source, with quality raw materials--the active ingredients that deliver the formula’s benefits.
- Purity’s raw materials are sourced from approved growers and suppliers.
- Each lot is rigorously tested for identity, composition strength and purity before it can be used in a finished product batch.
Purity's Fish & Krill Oil Formulas Feature The LemonLock® Freshness System
When it comes to supplementing with Omega-3s, you deserve the finest quality. With Purity's premier Fish Oil and Krill Formulas, our exclusive LemonLock® Freshness System locks in purity and seals in freshness. LemonLock® features a "potent lemon-flavored antioxidant infusion process" whereby the FRESHNESS of our Omega-3s are preserved by the antioxidants added to the softgel.
Our Omega-3 Fish & Krill Oil Formulas are TRIPLE-TESTED:
- Each lot of fish oil Triple-Distilled and also laboratory tested for potency and purity;
- Each lot is finished product tested at the manufacturing stage to meet strict quality specifications;
- Finished products are tested for shelf-life stability to ensure freshness is preserved for 2+ years.
Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMPs)
Our manufacturing facilities are third party certified by industry watchdog organizations such as NSF and NPA, which means they have been audited for compliance with Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMPs).
- Everything from raw material handling, sampling and storage to mixing and blending ingredients, to bottling, labeling and testing, is done in a clean environment free of anything that could compromise product quality.
- Every piece of equipment that touches raw materials, bulk blends, capsules, powders and liquids is thoroughly cleaned and sanitized.
- The people who handle the raw materials, mix the ingredients and inspect the finished products follow industry standard hygiene practices.
The Value of Evidence Based Nutritional Supplements
- Product development at Purity Products is a collaborative process. Purity’s in-house product development team collectively has more than 60 years experience in the dietary supplement industry.
- We employ leading scientific research/consulting firms to assist in evaluation of supplement ingredients and formulations. In addition, we have a pool of independent Ph.D scientists that we utilize as advisors to our product development team.
- Each product is formulated based on sound nutritional science.
- Each ingredient undergoes a thorough review of the scientific literature for safety and efficacy. The National Library of Medicine’s PubMed database is utilized as a primary search engine. Each formula includes at least one primary ingredient at the efficacious dose demonstrated in scientific studies.
- Purity maintains a comprehensive database of scientific substantiation for our product claims, in compliance with FDA regulations under the Dietary Supplement Health and Education Act.
Each lot is inspected, laboratory tested and approved by quality control professionals before it can be released for shipment to our warehouse.
- Our manufacturing facilities have in-house quality control labs staffed by qualified technicians trained in the science of testing natural products.
- Raw materials and finished products are tested using state-of–the-art analytical techniques such as HPLC, GC and ICP-OES.
- Each lot is tested for microbial levels.
- In addition, we randomly send samples to top-tier independent labs as a double check.
We are sensitive to the issue of GMOs in the food supply and the concern about the potential presence of GMOs in dietary supplements. We are confident that the safety of our products is not compromised by GMOs. Our customers can rest assured that, while a few dietary supplement ingredients are produced from genetically modified crops, Purity’s supplements contain little, if any GMOs in the finished product. We strive to use naturally sourced ingredients whenever possible. GMO crops include corn and soy, both of which may be source material for dietary supplement ingredients. Vitamin C, for example, is made from corn. Soy oil is a source of vitamin E. The important thing to know is that once the ingredient has gone through all the purification steps, it's unlikely any GMOs which were present in the source material would remain. Again, our manufacturers endeavor to use non-GMO ingredients whenever possible, however we just can't give a firm guarantee regarding this - for every ingredient. Few supplement companies can claim all their products are non-GMO, unless they have a very limited product line.
Furthermore, many of our products are NSF Certified, which exemplifies our deep commitment to quality and purity in our supplements. When you see the NSF logo on one of our Purity formulas you can be confident that the contents of your supplement are being checked and monitored by one of the most well respected, 3rd party certifiers in the world.
In summary, Purity Products doesn’t just talk about quality; our Quality Assurance Team walks the walk, by doing the hard work every day to make sure every bottle meets our quality standards, on all levels. That’s our mission, dedication and commitment! If you have comments or questions, please send me an email.